Friday 1 March 2013

Field of Glory Ancients game - New Kingdom vs Assyrians

A very well attended club meeting on Thursday had 3 games being played. The KGN game I was organising, the Flames of War game on an earlier post, and a 28mm FoG Ancients game. Players were Roger, Martin, Nick, John and Paul. The figures belonged to Roger. The table was a grand 9 ft by 6 ft, the sort that normally never appears for chariot armies like the armies listed.
There was a similar problem with this game as with the Flames game. I was able to take some shots but not to have a consistent run with them. However I was able to take some of what I thought were quite nice units.
Assyrian and Egyptian chariot units respectively.
The one thing about Assyrians is that its ok to wear pink!  I remember painting up a 15mm Assyrian army 20 years ago, and uniform colours were pretty cool and funky.
 
As far as I could tell, the Egyptians won in the end, but to be honest I didn't really get the end result as such as a lot was going on elsewhere.
Anyway, lovely game.
 
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment